If a code starting with a letter of the alphabet appears, the self-diagnosis function on this product is working. The last two digits (indicated by □□) will differ depending on the state of this product.
If you cannot solve the problem even after trying the following corrective actions a few times, this product may need repair. Contact your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility.
- There is trouble with the product’s hardware. Turn the power off and on again.
- This product cannot read or write data on the memory card. Try turning off and on this product again, or taking out and inserting the memory card several times.
- An unformatted memory card is inserted. Format the memory card.
- The inserted memory card cannot be used with this product, or the data is damaged. Insert a new memory card.
- A product malfunction has occurred. Initialize this product, then turn the power on again.
- There is a malfunction when writing or deleting data. Repair is required. Contact your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service facility. Be prepared to give all numbers in the error code beginning from the E.