AF Illuminator (still image)
The AF illuminator supplies fill light to focus more easily on a subject in dark surroundings. In the time between pressing the shutter button halfway down and locking the focus, the AF illuminator lights up to allow the camera to focus easily.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [AF Illuminator] → desired setting.
Menu item details
- The AF illuminator lights up automatically in dark surroundings.
- Does not use the AF illuminator.
- You cannot use [AF Illuminator] in the following situations:
- When the shooting mode is [Movie] or [High Frame Rate].
- Sweep Panorama
- When [ Focus Mode] is set to [Continuous AF] or [Automatic AF] and the subject is moving (when the focus indicator or lights up).
- When [Focus Magnifier] is activated.
When [Scene Selection] is set to the following modes:
- [Sports Action]
- [Night Scene]
- The AF illuminator emits a very bright light. Although there is no health hazard, do not look directly into the AF illuminator at close range.