Allows you to create a single panoramic image from multiple images shot while panning the camera.
- Set the mode dial to (Sweep Panorama).
- Point the camera at the subject.
- While pressing the shutter button halfway down, aim the camera at one end of the desired panoramic composition.
- You can change the shooting direction prior to shooting using the control wheel.
(A) This part will not be shot.
- Press the shutter button fully down.
- Pan the camera to the end of the guide in the direction of the arrow on the monitor.
(B) Guidance bar
- If the entire angle of the panoramic shot is not achieved within the set time, a gray area occurs in the composite image. If this happens, move the product faster to record the full panoramic image.
- When [Wide] is selected for [Panorama: Size], the entire angle of the panoramic shot may not be achieved within the given time. If this happens, try shooting after changing [Panorama: Size] to [Standard].
- Since several images are stitched together, the stitched part may not be recorded smoothly in some cases.
- When a light source such as a fluorescent light flickers, the brightness and color of a stitched image may not be consistent.
- When the whole angle of panoramic shooting and the AE/AF locked angle are very different in brightness and focus, the shooting may not be successful. If this happens, change AE/AF locked angle and shoot again.
- The following situations are not suited for shooting Sweep Panorama:
- Moving subjects.
- Subjects that are too close to the product.
- Subjects with continuously similar patterns, such as the sky, beach, or a lawn.
- Subjects with constant change such as waves or water falls.
- Subjects with brightness widely different from its surroundings such as the sun or a light bulb.
- The Sweep Panorama shooting may be interrupted in the following situations:
- When the camera is panned too fast or too slow.
- When the camera shakes too much.
- Continuous shooting is performed during shooting Sweep Panorama and the shutter sound keeps beeping until shooting is finished.
- The following functions are not available with Sweep Panorama:
- Smile Shutter
- Set. Face Prty in AF
- Face Prty in Mlti Mtr
- Auto Obj. Framing
- DRO/Auto HDR
- Picture Effect
- Picture Profile
- Soft Skin Effect
- Long Exposure NR
- Lock-on AF
- Drive Mode
- Bright Monitoring
- The values of the settings for some functions are fixed with Sweep Panorama, as follows:
- [ISO] is fixed to [ISO AUTO].
- [Focus Area] is fixed to [Wide].
- [High ISO NR] is fixed to [Normal].
- [Flash Mode] is fixed to [Flash Off].