If you assign [Focus Standard] to the desired custom key, you can recall useful functions such as moving the focusing frame quickly, etc., depending on the focus area settings.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key] → desired key, then assign the [Focus Standard] function to the key.
- To use the [Focus Standard] function while shooting movies, select MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key] → the desired button, and then assign [Focus Standard] to the key.
- Press the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned.
- What you can do by pressing the key varies depending on the settings for [Focus Area] and [Center Lock-on AF].
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Zone], [Flexible Spot] or [Expand Flexible Spot]:
- Pressing the key moves the position of the focusing frame using the top/bottom/left/right sides of the control wheel.
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Wide] or [Center]:
- When [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [On], [Center Lock-on AF] is activated by pressing the key. The camera detects the subject positioned in the center of the screen and starts tracking by pressing the center of the control wheel. If you press the key while the subject is being tracked, tracking will be canceled.
- You cannot set the [Focus Standard] function to [Left Button] or [Right Button].