How to make a wireless connection with BLUETOOTH devices
You can enjoy music with the speaker wirelessly by using your device’s BLUETOOTH function.
Do the following before starting.
- Place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 m (3 ft) of the speaker.
- Prepare the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device for reference.
- Turn down the volume of the BLUETOOTH device.
- Stop playback on the BLUETOOTH device to avoid sudden loud sound output from the speaker.
Pairing the speaker with a BLUETOOTH device
Pairing is the process required to mutually register the information on BLUETOOTH devices to be connected wirelessly.
It is necessary to pair a device with the speaker to be able to make a BLUETOOTH connection for the first time. Perform same procedures to pair to other devices.
See the following topic.
Connecting the speaker with a paired device
Once BLUETOOTH devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again. To connect a device already paired, see the following topic.
Connecting the speaker with an NFC-compatible device by one touch (NFC)
By touching the speaker with an NFC-compatible device such as a smartphone or Walkman, etc., the speaker turns on automatically, then pairs with the device and makes a BLUETOOTH connection.
- Compatible smartphones
- NFC-compatible smartphones with Android 4.1 or later installed
- For details, access the following URL:
- For customers in Europe:
- For customers in the USA:
- For customers in Canada:
- For customers in other countries/regions:
- Compatible Walkman models
- NFC-compatible Walkman models*
* Even if your Walkman is compatible with the NFC function, it may not be able to make a BLUETOOTH connection with the speaker by one touch. For details on the compatible models, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your Walkman.
- NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology enabling short-range wireless communication between various devices, such as smartphones and IC tags. The data communication is easily activated by touching the device to the specific position on the speaker.
- Once BLUETOOTH devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- The speaker is already paired with 9 devices and another device is to be paired.
The speaker can be paired with up to 9 devices. If a new device is paired after 9 devices are already paired, the paired device with the oldest connection time is replaced by the new one.
- The pairing information with the speaker has been deleted from the BLUETOOTH device.
- The speaker is initialized.
All pairing information will be deleted. If you initialize the speaker, it may not be able to connect your iPhone/iPod touch or PC. In this case, erase the pairing information of the speaker on your iPhone/iPod touch or PC, and then perform the pairing procedure again.
- The speaker can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from one paired device at a time.
- The passkey of this speaker is "0000." If a passkey besides "0000" is set on the BLUETOOTH device, pairing cannot be done with the speaker.
- When connecting a device such as a smartphone or Walkman with using the NFC function, be careful not to touch the FUNCTION button and -/+ (volume) buttons at the same time with the device.