Listening to music from an Internet streaming service (Google Cast)
You can enjoy music from various streaming services offered on the internet via your smartphone, iPhone, etc. with SongPal installed.
You need to download a Google Cast-enabled music service app.
If you have already installed a Google Cast enabled music application, go to step . If you have not yet set up Google Cast, follow the steps below.
For details about Google Cast, refer to the following URL:
The specification and design of the application may change without notice.
- Tap [SongPal] on your smartphone, iPhone, etc. to start up the application.
- Tap [SRS-ZR7].
- Tap [Settings].
- Tap [Google Cast].
- Tap [Learn how to cast].
- See the instructions, then find and install a Google Cast-enabled app on your smartphone/iPhone.
- Launch the Google Cast-enabled app.
- Tap the Cast button, and then tap [SRS-ZR7].
- Select and start playback a track on the Google Cast-enabled app, and adjust the volume.
Music will be heard from the speaker.
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Pull the lever on the bottom of the speaker in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration below to remove the grille.*
*After removing the speaker grille, do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units), and keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
- Depending on the country or region, music services and their period of availability may differ. Separate registration is required for certain services. An update of the device may be required.
- In some cases, the speaker may need to be activated by a music service. If you activated the speaker, you can use music services. Follow the instructions on the music service’s application or SongPal.
- Services offered by third parties may be changed, suspended, or terminated without prior notice. Sony bears no responsibility for this.