Update method 3: Manual update via a USB flash drive
You can use a USB flash drive to update the software when the speaker is not connected to the Internet. Follow the steps below.
- Stop any music that is being played.
- Download the update file from the website below, then store it in a USB flash drive.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the USB-A port ( A) on the speaker.
- Tap/press and hold both the FUNCTION button and UPDATE/WPS button until beeps are heard.
When the update starts, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange. While updating, the speaker cannot be operated.
The UPDATE indicator turns off and the speaker enters to the standby mode or BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode automatically when the updating is completed.
When you turn on the speaker for the first time after an update, the UPDATE indicator flashes in orange three times.
- The number of flashes of the UPDATE indicator will change according to the update’s progress. The UPDATE indicator flashes four times at first, and decreases by one flash, then turns off when the updating is completed. Do not turn the speaker off during the update.
- When you update using a USB flash drive, the update cannot be stopped. If the USB flash drive is removed or the speaker is unplugged from the power supply during the update, the speaker will malfunction.
- Updating normally takes 3 to 10 minutes.
- Do not operate the speaker during an update. Also, keep the speaker connected to the power supply and network while updating.