Listening to music on a PC
You can listen to music on a PC connected to the USB-B port (B) of the speaker.
To play High-Resolution Audio format files
The speaker is compatible with High-Resolution Audio format (192 kHz/24 bit).
To play High-Resolution Audio format files on your PC with the speaker, you need to download and install Media Go and Hi-Res Audio Player to your PC.
- Connect your PC to the USB-B port (B).
- Tap the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the USB-B indicator lights up.
The speaker enters the USB-B mode.
- Operate the PC to start playback a High-Resolution Audio file and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
To play back High-Resolution Audio files on the PC, use the "Hi-Res Audio Player."
- Tap the –/+ (volume) buttons to adjust the volume.
When you tap the –/+ (volume) buttons, the (power) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume.
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Pull the lever on the bottom of the speaker in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration below to remove the grille.*
*After removing the speaker grille, do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units), and keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
- After SongPal is downloaded and installed to your smartphone, iPhone, etc., you can use it as a remote control to adjust the speaker's volume, etc.
- Sony does not guarantee correct operation when a USB hub or USB extension cable is used. Do not disconnect the PC during operation. To prevent damage to data, stop playback, then turn off the power of the speaker before disconnecting the PC.
- Digital broadcast audio is not output from the USB port of the PC. To listen to digital broadcast audio, connect the PC's analog audio output to the AUDIO IN jack of the speaker.