Listening to music on a USB flash drive
You can connect a USB flash drive to the USB-A port ( A) directly.
You can also use a commercially-available USB cable to connect a USB device.
Music stored in a USB flash drive connected to the USB-A port ( A) can be played back by a smartphone, iPhone, etc. installed with SongPal.
You can play back high-resolution audio format files by connecting a USB flash drive of Hi-Speed USB standard or more, to the USB-A port ( A).
For details on file formats, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your USB flash drive.
- Connect the USB flash drive to the USB-A port ( A).
- Tap the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the USB-A indicator lights up.
The speaker switches to the USB-A mode, and the USB-A indicator lights up in white.
- Operate SongPal as a remote controller to play back music.
- Tap -/+ (volume) buttons to adjust the volume.
When you tap the -/+ (volume) buttons, the (power) indicator flashes once or three times according to the volume adjustment.
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Pull the lever on the bottom of the speaker in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration below to remove the grille.*
*After removing the speaker grille, do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units), and keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
What you can do with the speaker during playback
You can adjust the volume using the -/+ (volume) buttons.
- After SongPal is downloaded and installed to your smartphone, iPhone, etc., you can use it as a remote control.
- Sony is not responsible for any loss or damage to data in a USB flash drive that is connected to the speaker.
- Do not disconnect a USB flash drive during operation. To prevent damage to data, stop playback, then turn off the power of the speaker before disconnecting the device.
- Sony does not guarantee correct operation when a USB hub or USB extension cable is used.
- When you connect a USB flash drive, the speaker starts reading all the data stored on it. Reading files may take some time.
- Operation may become slow depending on the USB flash drive.