Listening to music with the Music application (Xperia)
Using the Music application, you can play music stored in an Xperia.
Do the following before starting.
- The Music application is pre-installed in your Xperia.
- Operations of the Music application are subject to change without notice. For details about how to use the Music application, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Xperia.
- Your Xperia may need to disable [Auto-select wireless option] of [Throw settings]. For details, refer to the user guide of Xperia.
- Update the Android OS on your Xperia to the latest version before using it with the speaker.
- Depending on the model, a music application installed in Xperia may be called as Music or WALKMAN.
- Connect the speaker and an Xperia to the same network.
Connect the speaker and your Xperia to the same SSID of the wireless router.
The LINK indicator lights up in orange or pink when the connection is complete.
- Tap the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the NETWORK indicator lights up.
The speaker enters the NETWORK mode.
The speaker can also be switched to the NETWORK mode automatically, instead of touching the FUNCTION button, by selecting the speaker in the menu of the Music application on the Xperia, then playing back music.
- Start up [Music] on your Xperia.
- Tap and [SRS-ZR7] on the Xperia.
- Start playing back music on the Xperia, and adjust the volume.
Music will be heard from the speaker.
If playback does not start, perform the process again from step .
To enjoy a more dynamic sound
Pull the lever on the bottom of the speaker in the direction of the arrow shown in the illustration below to remove the grille.*
*After removing the speaker grille, do not touch the exposed part of the speaker (speaker units), and keep the removed grille on a flat surface to prevent distortion.
- Refer to the operating instructions of your Xperia for details.
- For details on the use of the Android OS, refer to Help of Android OS.