Connecting with a paired BLUETOOTH device
The procedure explained below is for guidance only. For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device.
Do the following before starting.
- If you have connected the speaker with another device, turn off the BLUETOOTH function on that device.
- Turn down the volume of the BLUETOOTH device.
- Stop playback on the BLUETOOTH device to avoid sudden loud sound output from the speaker.
- Turn on the speaker.
The (power) indicator lights up in green.
- Tap the FUNCTION button repeatedly until the BLUETOOTH indicator flashes.
The speaker enters the BLUETOOTH mode.
When you turn on the BLUETOOTH mode, the speaker will try to make a BLUETOOTH connection with the last connected BLUETOOTH device. If the device is nearby, the BLUETOOTH connection establishes automatically and the BLUETOOTH indicator stays lit. In this case, turn off the BLUETOOTH function on the BLUETOOTH device, or turn off the BLUETOOTH device.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the BLUETOOTH device to detect the speaker.
When the BLUETOOTH connection is established, the BLUETOOTH indicator lights up.
- You can perform pairing or connect to another BLUETOOTH device even when a BLUETOOTH connection is established. In this case, the previous connection will be disconnected.
- SongPal has no function of play music via a BLUETOOTH connection. Play music with your BLUETOOTH device such as smartphone, PC, etc.
- When you turn on the speaker or the BLUETOOTH mode, the speaker tries to make a BLUETOOTH connection with the last connected BLUETOOTH device. If the device’s BLUETOOTH function is on, the BLUETOOTH connection is started automatically.
- When the BLUETOOTH/Network standby mode is turned on, the speaker turns on automatically by operating a BLUETOOTH device, and starts the BLUETOOTH connection.
- Stop playback on the BLUETOOTH device and turn down the volume of the device beforehand. When pairing is completed, loud sound may output from the speaker. Otherwise, you may experience sudden loud sound from the speaker when music is played back for the first time after pairing.
- If the speaker tries to reconnect with the last connected BLUETOOTH device, the connection may fail. In this case, turn off the BLUETOOTH function on the BLUETOOTH device, or turn off the BLUETOOTH device.
- When connecting your NFC-compatible device with using the NFC function, be careful not to touch the FUNCTION button and -/+ (volume) buttons at the same time with the device.