Assigning frequently used functions to buttons (Custom Key Setting)
You can use the custom key function to assign the functions you use most frequently to easily operable keys. This lets you skip the process of selecting items from MENU, so you can recall the functions more quickly.
You can separately assign functions to custom keys for the still image shooting mode, movie shooting mode, and playback mode.
- Assignable functions vary depending on the keys.
You can assign functions to the following keys.
- Custom Button 2
- Custom Button 3
- Custom Button 1
- Custom Button 6
- MOVIE Button
- Multi-Slc Center Btn
- Custom Button 5
- Fn Button
- Center Button
- Control Wheel/Left Button/Right Button/Down Button
- Custom Button 4
The following is the procedure for assigning the [Eye AF] function to the 5 button (Custom button 5).
- MENU → (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [Custom Key Setting].
- If you want to assign a function to recall while shooting movies, select [Custom Key Setting]. If you want to assign a function to recall while playing back images, select [Custom Key Setting].
- Move to the [Rear] screen using the left/right side of the control wheel. Then, select [Custom Button 5] and press the center of the control wheel.
- Select [Eye AF] using the top/bottom/left/right side of the control wheel, and then press the center.
- If you press the 5 button (Custom button 5) while shooting and eyes are detected, [Eye AF] will activate and the camera will focus on the eyes. Shoot images while holding down the 5 button (Custom button 5).
- You can also assign shooting functions to the focus hold button on the lens. However, some lenses do not have a focus hold button.