Using the voice assist function (the Google Assistant)
By using the Google Assistant feature that comes with the smartphone, you can speak to the headset’s microphone to operate the smartphone or perform the search.
When you use the Google Assistant, you will hear the voice on the smartphone from the left unit only.
- Compatible smartphones
- Smartphones installed with Android 5.0 or later (The latest version of Google app is required.)
- Turn the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app on, and set the button on the left unit as the Google Assistant button.
When using the Google Assistant for the first time, open the Google Assistant app and tap the [Finish headphones setup] button on the Conversation View, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete initial settings for the Google Assistant.
For details of the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app, refer to the following URL.
- Press the button on the left unit to use the Google Assistant.
- Press and hold to input a voice command.
- Press once to read out the notification.
- Press twice to cancel the voice command.
For details of the Google Assistant, refer to the following website:
- Check or update the software version of the headset with the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app.
- When the Google Assistant is not available for reasons such as not being connected to the network, a voice guidance “The Google Assistant is not connected” is heard.
- If you do not see the [Finish headphones setup] button on the Google Assistant app, please unpair the headphones from the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone and redo the pairing process.
- If the button on the left unit is set as the Google Assistant button in step 1, the Amazon Alexa function cannot be switched and the headset cannot be turned off by using the button. Set the headset into the charging case to turn it off.
- If the button on the left unit is set as the Google Assistant button in step 1, the noise canceling function cannot be switched and the headset cannot be turned off by using the button. Set the headset into the charging case to turn it off.
- The Google Assistant may not be used in some countries, regions, or languages.