AF Micro Adj.
Allows you to adjust and register autofocused positions for each lens.
In general use, you do not need to adjust the autofocused position using this function. Use this function only when adjustments are needed for certain focus areas or focal lengths. Note that the auto focus function may not be performed at a proper position when using this adjustment.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → select [AF Micro Adj.].
- Select [AF Adjustment Set.] → [On].
- Adjust the value for the center area.
- The larger the value you select, the farther the autofocused position will be from the product. The smaller the value you select, the closer the autofocused position will be to the product.
- To adjust the autofocus position for the dedicated phase detection AF area, set the value for the center area.
- If the adjustment for the center area is not needed, you can skip this step.
- Adjust the values for the corner areas as necessary.
- Set the values for the corner areas if the adjustment of the autofocused positions outside of the dedicated phase detection AF are needed.
AF micro adjustment areas
You can adjust the autofocus position for both the wide and telephoto ends of the lens. When Hybrid Phase Detection AF is active*, you can adjust the autofocus points for the corner areas (2 - 5) as well as the center area (1).
- The adjustment for the center area is applied to both the focal plane phase detection AF sensor and the dedicated phase detection AF sensor.
- The adjustments for the corner areas are applied to the focal plane phase detection AF sensor.
*When a lens that supports Hybrid Phase Detection AF is attached, and [AF System] is set to [Auto]
- It is recommended that you adjust the position under actual shooting conditions. Set [Focus Area] to [Flexible Spot] and use a bright subject with high contrast when you adjust.
- For focal lengths between the wide end and the telephoto end, the values interpolated by the values for each end are applied.
- For areas between the adjusted areas, the values interpolated by the values for each area are applied.
- When the focal plane phase detection AF area is narrowed, such as when an APS-C size dedicated lens is attached, the adjustable area is the narrowed AF area only.
- When a prime lens is attached, you cannot enter the adjustment value for the telephoto end. The adjustment value for the wide end is applied.
You cannot adjust the autofocus position for the corner areas in following situations:
- [Selectable AF Area] is set to [Only Cross-Type AF]
- [Flexible Spot Points] is set to [15 Points]
- When you attach a lens for which you have already registered a value, the registered value appears on the screen. [±0] appears for lenses for which a value has not yet been registered.
- If [-] is displayed as the value, then a total of 30 lenses have been registered and no new lens can be registered. To register a new lens, attach a lens for which the registration can be erased, and set its value to [±0], or reset the values of all the lenses using [Clear].
- The [AF Micro Adj.] supports Sony, Minolta, or Konica-Minolta lenses. If you perform [AF Micro Adj.] with lenses other than the supported lenses, the registered settings for the supported lenses may be affected. Do not perform [AF Micro Adj.] with an unsupported lens.
- You cannot set [AF Micro Adj.] individually for a Sony, Minolta, and Konica-Minolta lens of the same specification.