Center Lock-on AF
When you press the center of the multi-selector, the camera detects the subject positioned in the center of the screen and continues to track the subject.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Center Lock-on AF] → [On].
- Align the target frame (A) over the subject and press the center of the multi-selector.
- Press the center again to stop tracking.
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot the image.
- You can activate [Center Lock-on AF] by pressing the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned in [Custom Key(Shoot.)] when [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [On]. You can also detect the subject again by pressing the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned.
- The [Center Lock-on AF] function may not function very well in the following situations:
- The subject is moving too quickly.
- The subject is too small, or too large.
- The contrast between the subject and the background is poor.
- It is dark.
- The ambient light changes.
- Lock-on AF does not work in the following situations:
- [Sweep Panorama]
- When [Smart Telecon.] is being used.
- When shooting in Manual Focus mode.
- When [Record Setting] is set to [120p]/[100p].