If you assign [Focus Standard] to desired custom key, you can recall useful functions focusing the subject in the center of the screen automatically, etc., according to the focus area settings.
- MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key(Shoot.)] → desired button, then assign the [Focus Standard] function to the button.
- Press the key to which [Focus Standard] is assigned.
- What you can do by pressing the key varies depending on the settings for [Focus Area] and [Center Lock-on AF].
- When [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [On]:
- By pressing the key, [Center Lock-on AF] is activated. The camera detects the subject positioned in the center of the screen and starts tracking it when you press the center of the multi-selector while [Center Lock-on AF] is activated.
If you press the key while the subject is being tracked, tracking will be canceled.
- When [Center Lock-on AF] is set to [Off]:
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Zone], [Flexible Spot] or [Expand Flexible Spot], the focusing frame is returned to the center by pressing the key, and the camera focuses on the center point.
- When [Focus Area] is set to [Wide] or [Center], the camera focuses on the center point.