If dust or debris gets inside the camera and adheres to the surface of the image sensor (the part that converts the light to an electric signal), it may appear as dark spots on the image, depending on the shooting environment. If this happens, follow the steps below to clean the image sensor.
- Confirm that the battery has been charged sufficiently.
- MENU → (Setup) → [Cleaning Mode] → [Enter].The image sensor vibrates a little to shake off the dust.
- Turn off the product following the instructions on the screen.
- Detach the lens.
- Push the mirror lock lever (A) and open the mirror.
- Use the blower to clean the image sensor surface and the surrounding area.
- After you finish cleaning the image sensor, push down the mirror until it clicks.
- Push down either side (B) of the mirror.
- Attach the lens.
- When you attach the lens, confirm that the mirror is completely pushed down.
- For how to check the amount of dust on the image sensor, and for further details on cleaning methods, please refer to the following URL.
- Clean the image sensor quickly.
- A blower is not supplied with this product. Use a commercially available blower.
- Cleaning can be performed only when the battery level is (3 remaining battery icons) or more.
- Do not use a spray type blower as it may scatter water droplets inside the camera body.
- Do not put the tip of a blower into the cavity beyond the lens mount area, so that the tip of the blower does not touch the image sensor.
- Hold the camera slightly face downward so that the dust falls out.
- Do not subject the product to any shock during cleaning.
- When cleaning the image sensor with a blower, do not blow too hard. If you blow the sensor too hard, the inside of the product may be damaged.
- When you attach the lens after you finish cleaning the image sensor, confirm that the mirror has been completely pushed down. Otherwise, it may damage the lens or lead to a malfunction. Also, if the mirror has not been pushed down completely, the autofocus system will not be able to achieve proper focus.
- You cannot shoot with the mirror open.
- If the dust remains even after you cleaned the product as described, consult the service facility.