The zoom features available with this product
The zoom feature of the product provides a higher magnification zoom by combining various zoom features. The icon displayed on the screen changes, according to the selected zoom feature.
Smart Zoom range ()
Zoom images without causing the original quality to deteriorate by partially cropping an image (only when the image size is [M] or [S]).
Clear Image Zoom range ()
Zoom images using an image process with less deterioration. When you set [Zoom Setting] to [On:ClearImage Zoom] or [On:Digital Zoom], you can use this zoom function.
Digital Zoom range ()
You can magnify images using an image process. When you set [Zoom Setting] to [On:Digital Zoom], you can use this zoom function.
- Clear Image Zoom and Digital Zoom cannot be used in conjunction with the smart teleconverter function. The smart teleconverter function is assigned to the smart teleconverter button in the default settings. To use zoom functions other than the optical zoom, make sure that the (Smart Telecon.) function is not assigned to any of the custom keys.
- The default setting for the [Zoom Setting] is [Optical zoom only].
- The default setting for the [Image Size] is [L]. To use the smart zoom, change [Image Size] to [M] or [S].
Zoom functions other than the optical zoom are not available when shooting in the following situations:
- The shooting mode is set to [Sweep Panorama].
- [Quality] is set to [RAW] or [RAW & JPEG].
- [Record Setting] is set to [120p]/[100p].
- During slow-motion/quick-motion shooting
- You cannot use the Smart Zoom function with movies.
- When you use a zoom function other than the optical zoom, [Metering Mode] is fixed to [Multi].
When using a zoom function other than the optical zoom, the following functions are not available:
- Face Detection
- Lock-on AF
- To use another zoom function than the optical zoom for movies, assign [Zoom] to the desired button using [Custom Key(Shoot.)].