You can check the focus by enlarging the image before shooting.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Magnifier].
- Press the center of the multi-selector to enlarge the image and select the position you want to enlarge by pressing the multi-selector up/down/left/right.
- Each time you press the center, the magnification scale will change.
- You can set the initial magnification by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Initial Focus Mag.].
- Confirm the focus.
- When the focus mode is [Manual Focus], you can adjust the focus while an image is magnified. The [Focus Magnifier] function will be canceled when the shutter button is pressed halfway.
- You can set how long the image is to be shown magnified by selecting MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Magnif. Time].
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot the image.
Useful operation of the [Focus Magnifier]
By using the AF/MF control function, you can adjust the focus for an enlarged image after auto focus is performed.
When the focus mode is [Manual Focus], press the AF/MF button and perform auto focus, then use the [Focus Magnifier] function.
- Set the focus mode switch on the lens to "AF."
- We recommend that you assign the [Focus Magnifier] function to a desired button using [Custom Key(Shoot.)].
- AF/MF control function is not available for SAM lenses other than SAL18135. (as of the day this camera was released)