Disposing of aibo
Before disposing of your aibo, be sure to remove the built-in battery pack by following these steps.
Unless you wish to dispose of your aibo, do not remove any screws. If disassembly is considered as unreasonable by Sony, no replacement or repair services will be provided.
To remove the battery pack, you need a T5 Torx screwdriver. Be sure to have it ready in advance.
- Press and hold the power button at the back of aibo's neck for 2 seconds to turn off aibo.
- Lay down aibo on its back on a flat surface.
- Remove the lid from aibo's torso.
When you push the lid on the torso as illustrated, the lid pops up and you can remove the lid.
- Remove the top two Torx screws (a), put your fingernails into the side gaps (b), and then raise up the outer covering to take it off.
- Remove the bottom two Torx screws (c) and then the battery compartment cover.
Put your fingertip onto the rectangular projection (d) on the battery compartment cover and slide off the cover in the direction of the arrow.
- Remove the battery pack (e).
RECYCLING RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
Rechargeable batteries are recyclable.
You can help preserve our environment by returning your used rechargeable batteries to the collection and recycling location nearest you.
For more information regarding recycling of rechargeable batteries, visit www.sony.com/electronics/eco/environmental-management.
Caution : Do not handle damaged or leaking Lithium-Ion batteries.