Direct manual focus (DMF)
You can make fine adjustments manually after performing auto focusing, letting you focus on a subject more quickly than when using the manual focus from the beginning. This is convenient in situations such as macro shooting.
- MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Mode] → [DMF].
- Press the shutter button halfway down to focus automatically.
- Keep the shutter button pressed halfway down, and then rotate the control ring to achieve a sharper focus.
- When you rotate the control ring, the focus distance is displayed on the screen.
- Press the shutter button fully down to shoot an image.