Livestreaming video and audio (USB Streaming) (movie)
You can connect a computer, etc. to the camera and use the camera video and audio for livestreaming or web-conferencing services.
This function can be used when the camera’s system software (firmware) is Ver. 3.00 or later.
Set the camera to a movie recording mode and set the exposure, focus, etc.
Select MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [USB Streaming].[USB Streaming:Not Connect] will appear on the camera screen.
Follow the instructions on the screen to connect the camera to a computer or other device with a USB cable.[USB Streaming:Standby] will appear on the camera screen, and the camera will switch to the streaming standby state.
- Use a cable or adapter that matches the terminal on the device to be connected.
- Start streaming from your livestreaming/web-conferencing service.[USB Streaming:Output] will appear on the camera screen.
- To exit [USB Streaming], press the (Enter) button. The camera will return to the movie recording mode.
About USB cable connections
If the power of the camera is turned on while the USB cable is connected, [USB Streaming] cannot be executed. Unplug the USB cable, execute [USB Streaming], and then reconnect the USB cable.
- If you assign [USB Streaming] to the left button, you can launch [USB Streaming] just by pressing the button.
- The movie recording settings (focus, exposure, etc.) before executing [USB Streaming] are applied to the livestreamed video. Adjust the movie recording settings before you start streaming.
- If you register the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, etc. to the function menu, you can adjust these values even during USB streaming.
- The format of the streaming data is as follows.
- Video format: MJPEG
- Resolution: HD720 (1280 × 720)
- Frame rate: 30 fps / 25 fps
- Audio format: PCM, 48 kHz, 16 bit, 2 ch
- During USB streaming, power is supplied to the camera from the computer. If you want to consume as little computer power as possible, set [USB Power Supply] to [Off].
- You cannot do the following while [USB Streaming] is running.
- Recording the streaming video
- Menu-screen operations
- Transition to the playback screen
- Capturing a custom white balance
- PC Remote Settings
- Ctrl w/ Smartphone
- The following functions are disabled while [USB Streaming] is running.
- Power Save Start Time