Installing “Google Home” and connecting to the Wi-Fi network
Install “Google Home” on your smartphone/iPhone and connect the speaker to a Wi-Fi network.
To use “Google Home,” you need to create a Google account and log in to the account beforehand.
To download the app and use network services, additional registrations and payment of communication charges and other fees may be required.
- Access Google Play or the App Store from the smartphone/iPhone.
- Install “Google Home” on the smartphone/iPhone.
- Place the speaker as close to a Wi-Fi router as possible.
- Establish a wireless connection from the smartphone/iPhone to the Wi-Fi router.
- Take a note of the SSID and the password (encryption key) of the connected Wi-Fi router.
Some of the Wi-Fi routers have multiple SSIDs.
Be sure to take a note of the SSID that you used for establishing the wireless connection from the smartphone/iPhone.
For details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Wi-Fi router.
- In advance, you must turn on the BLUETOOTH function on the smartphone/iPhone.
- Start “Google Home” and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your speaker to the same Wi-Fi network as your smartphone/iPhone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make the initial settings for the speaker.
Depending on your service, you may have to create an account in advance.
For details on the Wi-Fi settings, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Wi-Fi router.