Pairing with a TV
When using a Sony brand TV* with the BLUETOOTH function, you can listen to sound of the TV or device that is connected to the TV by connecting the speaker and TV wirelessly.
* The TV needs to be compatible with A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) of the BLUETOOTH profile.
: Blu-ray Disc player, cable box, satellite box, etc.
To connect the speaker and TV wirelessly, you need to perform pairing of the speaker and TV by using the BLUETOOTH function. Pairing is the process required to mutually register the information on BLUETOOTH devices to be connected wirelessly in advance.
- Turn on the TV.
- Turn on the speaker.
- Touch and hold the speaker’s(Power)/PAIRING button for more than 2 seconds.
The BLUETOOTH indicator (blue) flashes quickly and the speaker enters pairing mode.
If the BLUETOOTH indicator does not flash, the speaker may already be connected to the BLUETOOTH device. If this is the case, once you have turned off the speaker, do the operations for pairing again.
If the message, indicating that an attempt to establish a BLUETOOTH connection is in progress, remains on the TV screen, turn off the speaker, and then perform the pairing procedure on the speaker once again.
- On the TV, search the speaker by performing the pairing operation.
The list of the BLUETOOTH devices that are searched appears on the TV screen.
For the operation method to pair the BLUETOOTH device to the TV, refer to the operating instructions of the TV.
- From the device list on the TV screen, select the speaker's name ([SRS-RA5000] or the one you provided during the Wi-Fi network setup) to pair the TV and the speaker together.
- Make sure that the BLUETOOTH indicator (blue) is lit on the speaker.
When the speaker and the TV are paired, the BLUETOOTH/Network Standby function is automatically turned on.
When the BLUETOOTH connection is disconnected on the TV's BLUETOOTH setup screen, the speaker automatically turns off and enters BLUETOOTH/Network Standby mode.