Establishing a Bluetooth connection with the NFC function
If a smartphone has the NFC function, follow the steps below to establish a Bluetooth connection.
- Turn on your IC recorder.
- On the smartphone, turn on the NFC function.
- Start REC Remote.
- Put the smartphone onto your IC recorder aligning the N mark on both devices together.
Keep the smartphone on the IC recorder until the “Bluetooth pairing request” screen appears on the smartphone, and then select “Pair.”
When the operation screen of REC Remote appears on the smartphone, the Bluetooth connection should be successfully established.
Proceed to Using the smartphone for IC recorder operations.
- To establish a Bluetooth connection with the NFC function, you need to start REC Remote before you put the smartphone onto your IC recorder.
- During a pairing attempt, “Notifications” may appear. View the “Notifications” list and tap “Bluetooth pairing request.”
If you cannot establish a Bluetooth connection, try the following:
- Move the smartphone slowly on the N mark on your IC recorder.
- If the smartphone is in a smartphone case, remove the case and perform the above steps all over again.
- If neither of the above works, try the steps in Establishing a Bluetooth connection with the menu.
What is NFC?
NFC (Near Field Communication) is a technology that enables short-range wireless communications between various devices, including mobile telephones and IC tags. You can exchange data by simply putting a device onto the designated area on another device.
With an NFC-enabled smartphone, you can simply put it onto the N mark on the IC recorder to establish a Bluetooth connection by pairing both devices with the NFC function. You can also disconnect or switch the Bluetooth connection in the same manner.