On Bluetooth communications
- Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (30 feet). The maximum communication distance may vary depending on the presence of obstacles (people, metal objects, walls, etc.) or the electromagnetic environment.
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off the headset and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- in hospitals, near priority seating in trains, locations where inflammable gas is present, near automatic doors, or near fire alarms.
- This product emits radio waves when used in wireless mode. When used in wireless mode on an airplane, follow flight crew directions regarding permissible use of products in wireless mode.
- The audio playback on the headset may be delayed from that on the transmitting device, due to the characteristics of Bluetooth wireless technology. As a result, the sound may not be in sync with the image when viewing movies or playing games.
- The headset supports security functions that comply with the Bluetooth standard as a means of ensuring security during communication using Bluetooth wireless technology. However, depending on the configured settings and other factors, this security may not be sufficient. Be careful when communicating using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Sony shall assume no responsibility for any damages or loss resulting from information leaks that occur when using Bluetooth communications.
Bluetooth connections with all Bluetooth devices cannot be guaranteed.
- Bluetooth devices connected with the headset must comply with the Bluetooth standard prescribed by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and must be certified as compliant.
- Even when a connected device complies with the Bluetooth standard, there may be cases where the characteristics or specifications of the Bluetooth device make it unable to connect, or result in different control methods, display, or operation.
- When using the headset to perform hands-free talking on the phone, noise may occur depending on the connected device or the communication environment.
- Depending on the device to be connected, it may require some time to start communications.
- The headset does not support multipoint connection.
With multipoint function support, the headset can connect to a music playback device (A2DP profile, Walkman®, etc.) and a communication device (HFP or HSP profile, smartphone, etc.) at the same time, and you can listen to music while waiting for an incoming call or making a call.
Note on temperature rise
- While charging the headset or charging case, or when using the headset for a long time, the temperature of the headset or charging case may rise, but this is not a malfunction.
Note on static electricity
- If you use the headset when the air is dry, you may experience discomfort due to static electricity accumulated on your body. This is not a malfunction of the headset. You can reduce the effect by wearing clothes made of natural materials that do not easily generate static electricity.
Notes on wearing the headset
- After use, remove the headset from your ears slowly.
- Because the headset achieves a tight seal over the ears, forcibly pressing it against your ears or quickly pulling it off can result in eardrum damage. When wearing the headset, the speaker diaphragm may produce a click sound. This is not a malfunction.
- The long-term use of the headset may cause symptoms such as itching and irritation in the ears.
If you experience any of the above symptoms while using the headset, stop using it immediately and consult a doctor or your nearest Sony dealer.
- For long-term use, it is recommended that you remove the headset from your ears on a regular basis.
- Do not subject the headset to excessive shock as it is a precision device.
- The Bluetooth function may not work with a mobile phone, depending on the signal conditions and the surrounding environment.
- If you experience discomfort while using the headset, stop using it immediately.
- The earbud tips may be damaged or deteriorate with long-term use and storage.
- If the earbud tips become dirty, remove them from the headset and gently wash them by hand using a neutral detergent. After cleaning, thoroughly wipe off any moisture.
- If water or foreign matter enters the headset, it may result in fire or electric shock. If water or foreign matter enters the headset, stop use immediately and consult your nearest Sony dealer. In particular, be careful in the following cases.
- When using the headset near a sink or liquid container
Be careful that the headset does not fall into a sink or container filled with water.
- When using the headset in the rain or snow, or in humid locations
- When using the headset near a sink or liquid container
Cleaning the headset
- When the headset exterior is dirty, wipe it clean with a soft dry cloth. If the headset is particularly dirty, soak a cloth in diluted neutral detergent, and wring it well before using it to clean the headset. Do not use solvents such as thinner, benzene, or alcohol, as they may damage the surface.
Do not use the headset near medical devices
- Radio waves can affect cardiac pacemakers and medical devices. Do not use the headset in crowded places such as crowded trains or inside a medical institution.
- The headset (including accessories) has magnet(s) which may interfere with pacemakers, programmable shunt valves for hydrocephalus treatment, or other medical devices. Do not place the headset close to persons who use such medical devices. Consult your doctor before using the headset if you use any such medical device.
Keep the headset units and charging case away from the magnetic card
- The headset units and charging case use magnets. If you bring a magnetic card close to the headset, the card magnet may be affected and become unusable.