Pairing and connecting with a Bluetooth device
The operation to register the device that you wish to connect to is called “pairing”. First, pair a device to use it with the headset for the first time.
Before starting the operation, make sure of the following:
- The Bluetooth device is placed within 1 m (3 feet) of the headset.
- The headset is charged sufficiently.
- The operating instructions of the Bluetooth device is in hand.
Remove both units of the headset from the charging case.
The headset turns on automatically. Check that the indicators (blue) flash.
Enter pairing mode on this headset.
When you pair the headset with a device for the first time after purchase or after initializing the headset (if the headset has no pairing information), the headset enters pairing mode automatically if you remove the headset from the charging case. In this case, proceed to step .
When you pair a second or subsequent device (the headset has pairing information for other devices), press and hold the buttons on both the left and right units for about 5 seconds.
Check that the indicator (blue) on both units of the headset repeatedly flashes twice in a row.
You will hear the voice guidance say “Bluetooth pairing”, from both headset units at the same time.
Perform the pairing procedure on the Bluetooth device to search for this headset.
[WF-C500] will be displayed on the list of detected devices on the screen of the Bluetooth device.
If it is not displayed, repeat from step .
Select [WF-C500] displayed on the screen of the Bluetooth device for pairing.
If Passkey (*) input is required, input “0000”.
*A Passkey may be called “Passcode”, “PIN code”, “PIN number”, or “Password”.
Make the Bluetooth connection from the Bluetooth device.
Some devices automatically connect with the headset when the pairing is complete.
The indicators (blue) on both units of the headset flash quickly for about 5 seconds.
You will hear the voice guidance say “Bluetooth connected” from the unit of the headset that was removed first from the charging case.
If they are not connected, see “Connecting to a paired Bluetooth device”.
- The operation above is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Bluetooth device.
- To delete all Bluetooth pairing information, see “Initializing the headset to restore factory settings”.
- If pairing is not established within 5 minutes, pairing mode is canceled. In this case, set the headset into the charging case, and start the operation again from step .
- Once Bluetooth devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- When a 9th device is paired.
The headset can be paired with up to 8 devices. If a new device is paired after 8 devices are already paired, the registration information of the paired device with the oldest connection date is overwritten with the information for the new device.
- When the pairing information for the headset has been deleted from the Bluetooth device.
- When the headset is initialized.
All of the pairing information is deleted. In this case, delete the pairing information for the headset from the connected device and then pair them again.
- The headset can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from 1 paired device at a time.