Listening to music from a device via Bluetooth connection
If your Bluetooth device supports the following profiles, you can enjoy listening to music and control the device from your headset via Bluetooth connection.
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
You can enjoy high-quality music wirelessly.
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)
You can adjust the volume, etc.
The operation may vary depending on the Bluetooth device. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the Bluetooth device.
- Insert the headset units into both ears.
Put the unit with the (left) mark on your left ear and the unit with the (right) mark on your right ear. The left unit has a tactile dot.
Be careful not to come in contact with the touch sensor when you put the headset on your ears.
A: Tactile dot
B: Touch sensors (left, right)Twist the headset to secure the arc supporter to your ear grooves.
A: Ear grooves
B: Arc supporter
- Connect the headset to a Bluetooth device.
- Operate the Bluetooth device to start playback and adjust the volume to a moderate level.
- In the factory setting, when you listen to music while wearing both units of the headset, the headset will pause music playback if one unit is removed. When you put the removed unit on your ear again, the headset will resume music playback. If both units are removed, the headset does not resume music playback even if you put on both units.
- The headset supports SCMS-T content protection. You can enjoy music and other audio on the headset from a device such as a portable TV that supports SCMS-T content protection.
- Depending on the Bluetooth device, it may be necessary to adjust the volume or set the audio output setting on the device.
- The headset volume during a call and during music playback can be independently adjusted. Changing the call volume does not change the volume of music playback and vice versa.
You can also listen to music by removing only one unit from the charging case and putting it on your ear.
When only the right unit is worn on your ear, use the touch sensor on the right unit to play music.
When only the left unit is worn on your ear, operate the connected device to play music.
When you are listening to music with only one unit, if you put the other unit on the other ear, you can listen to music with both units.
In the factory setting, you cannot adjust the volume on the headset. Adjust the volume on the connected device. If you are unable to adjust the volume on the connected device, install the “Sony | Headphones Connect” smartphone app and adjust the volume in the app.
When you use the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app, you can assign the volume adjustment function on the touch sensor of the headset.
- If the communication condition is poor, the Bluetooth device may react incorrectly to the operation on the headset.