Using the Google Assistant
By using the Google Assistant feature that comes with the smartphone, you can speak to the headset’s microphone to operate the smartphone or perform a search.
- Smartphones installed with Android 5.0 or later (The latest version of the Google app is required.)
Open the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app and set the function of the touch sensor on either the left or right unit as the Google Assistant.
When using the Google Assistant for the first time, open the Google Assistant app and touch [Finish headphones setup] on the Conversation View, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete initial settings for the Google Assistant.
For details on the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app, refer to the following URL.
Operate the touch sensor to which you assigned the feature to use the Google Assistant.
A: Touch sensors (left, right)
B: Microphones (left, right)
- Hold your finger to the touch sensor: Input a voice command
- Tap the touch sensor twice: Read out the notification
- Tap the touch sensor: Cancel the voice command
For details on the Google Assistant, refer to the following website:
- Check or update the software version of the headset with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- When the Google Assistant is not available for reasons such as not being connected to the network, the voice guidance “The Google Assistant is not connected” is heard from the left unit (or from the right unit when you are wearing only the right unit).
- If you do not see [Finish headphones setup] on the Conversation View of the Google Assistant app, delete the pairing information for the headset from the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone and redo the pairing process.
- If the function of the touch sensor on the left unit is changed to the Google Assistant, the noise canceling function and the Ambient Sound Mode cannot be switched from the headset. If the function of the touch sensor on the right unit is changed to the Google Assistant, music playback function cannot be operated from the headset.
- The Google Assistant feature and the Amazon Alexa feature cannot be assigned to the headset at the same time.
- You can use the Google Assistant feature when you wear only one unit on your ear to which the Google Assistant feature is assigned. When the Google Assistant feature is assigned to the headset and you want to use only one unit of the headset, use the unit with the Google Assistant feature assigned. Check the setting of the headset with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” app.
- The Google Assistant may not be used in some countries, regions, or languages.