Taking a photo or recording a video
This section explains basic camera operations.
- Make sure the lens is clean. A fingerprint or a little dirt can diminish photo quality.
- Use the self-timer when you need extra time to prepare, or to avoid blurred photos.
- Check your device’s memory status often. High-resolution photos and videos consume more memory.
- Note that some functions may not be available depending on the settings.
Launch the camera.
- Swipe (Camera icon) from the lock screen.
- Tap (Camera icon) from the Application screen.
- Press the power key twice. Tap [Settings] > [System] > [Gestures] > [Jump to camera], and then tap the switch to enable this function.
Swipe the screen to select a photo or video mode.
Tap the shutter button.
The shutter button is used differently depending on the capturing mode and activated features.
(Capture button): Take a photo
(Start button): Record a video
(Stop button): Stop recording a video
(Self-timer on icon): Self-timer is activated