Controlling data usage
You can keep track of the amount of data transferred to and from your device over your mobile data or Wi-Fi connection during a given period. For example, you can view the amount of data used by individual applications. For data transferred over your mobile data connection, you can also set data usage warnings and limits to avoid additional charges.
Setting and controlling data usage
- Find and tap [Settings] > [Network & internet] > [Data usage].
- Select and edit settings as desired.
Controlling the data usage of individual applications
- Find and tap [Settings] > [Apps & notifications].
- Tap the application that you want to control, and then tap [Data usage].
- Edit the options as desired.
- The performance of individual applications may be affected if you change the related data usage settings.