Making a call
You can enjoy hands-free calls with a BLUETOOTH mobile phone that supports the BLUETOOTH profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile) via BLUETOOTH connection.
- If your BLUETOOTH mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP.
- Operations may vary depending on the BLUETOOTH mobile phone. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the mobile phone.
- Connect the speaker with a BLUETOOTH mobile phone.
The (BLUETOOTH) indicator lights up in blue when the BLUETOOTH connection is established.
When using the Speaker Add function or Wireless Party Chain function
Connect to the speaker in which the (BLUETOOTH) indicator lights up in blue. In the following steps and operations during a hands-free call, operate the speaker that is connected to the BLUETOOTH mobile phone.
- Operate the BLUETOOTH mobile phone to make a call.
When you make a call, playback pauses and the dial tone is heard from the speaker. When the receiver takes the call, talk into the microphone of the speaker.
If no dial tone is heard via the speaker
- The speaker may not be connected with a BLUETOOTH mobile phone with HFP or HSP. Check the connection status on the BLUETOOTH mobile phone.
- Switch the call device to the speaker by pressing and holding the (play) button/ (call) button for about 2 seconds.
- If more than one BLUETOOTH device is connected to the speaker (Multi-device connection), you cannot make a phone call. Terminate the BLUETOOTH connection or turn off the BLUETOOTH function of the BLUETOOTH devices other than the BLUETOOTH mobile phone in use.
- Adjust the volume by pressing the –/+ (volume) buttons on the speaker or operating the BLUETOOTH mobile phone.
When you press the –/+ (volume) buttons on the speaker or adjust the volume on the BLUETOOTH mobile phone, the (power) indicator flashes once.
When you set the volume to the maximum (50) or minimum level on the speaker, the (power) indicator flashes 3 times.
To end a call, press the (play) button/ (call) button.
If you were listening to music before the call, playback will resume when the call ends. If you end a call by operating the BLUETOOTH mobile phone, playback will also resume when the call ends if you were listening to music before the call.
- If the caller cannot hear or can barely hear your voice, talk more directly into the microphone of the speaker.
- The volume of music playback and calling is set independently in the speaker.
- When using the Speaker Add function or Wireless Party Chain function, the sound of the phone call is output from only the speaker in which the (BLUETOOTH) indicator lights up in blue.
- The sound is output only from the right speaker unit during a call.
- Depending on the BLUETOOTH mobile phone, playback may not pause when making a call.
- Use a BLUETOOTH mobile phone at least 50 cm (1.6 ft) away from the speaker. Noise may result if the speaker and the BLUETOOTH mobile phone are too close.
- When an audio cable is connected to the AUDIO IN jack of the speaker, you cannot listen to music of the BLUETOOTH device. However, when the BLUETOOTH connection is active, the hands-free function is available.
- When using the multi-device connection, you cannot use the hands-free function. But you cannot turn off the multi-device connection function.