How to care for the speaker
Although the fabric part of the speaker has water repellent treatment applied, you can use the speaker more comfortably and for a longer period of time by following the maintenance procedure below.
- If the surface of the speaker gets dirty in the following cases, wash the speaker with fresh water (tap water, etc.) promptly to remove the dirt. Leaving dirt on its surface may cause the fabric part to discolor or deteriorate, or the speaker to malfunction.
- When salt, sand, etc. is stuck on the speaker after using it on a beach, pool side, etc.
- When the speaker is stained with foreign substances (sunscreen, suntan oil, etc.)
- If the speaker gets wet, wipe off the moisture using a dry soft cloth immediately. In addition, dry the speaker in an airy place until no moisture remains.
- The sound quality may change when water enters the speaker section of the system. It is not malfunction. Wipe off the moisture on its surface, and put the speaker on a dry soft cloth with the SONY logo facing down to drain the collected water inside the speaker. Then, dry the speaker in an airy place until no moisture remains.
- If the surface of the speaker gets dirty, do not use detergent, thinner, benzine, alcohol, etc. to clean the speaker because it will affect the water repellent function of the fabric part of the speaker.
- In cold regions, etc., leaving moisture on its surface may cause the speaker to freeze and malfunction. When water droplets attached to the speaker, be sure to wipe off the moisture of the speaker using a dry, soft cloth, etc.
- Do not place the speaker directly on sand, such as in a sandbox or on a sandy beach. If sand grains, etc. enter the fabric part of the speaker, remove them carefully. Never use a vacuum cleaner, etc. on the speaker. It may cause damage of the speaker unit.