Using Android Auto™ Wirelessly
When using Android Auto for the first time, device registration (called “pairing”) is required. Pairing enables this unit and an Android Auto compatible Android™ phone to recognize each other.
- Place your Android phone within 1 m (3 ft) of this unit.
- Press HOME, then touch [Settings].If [Settings] is not set in the Favorite area, touch [All Apps] to display the HOME2 screen, then select [Settings].
- You can touch [Devices] to open the [Device Connection] screen alternatively.
- Touch [Device Connection].
- Touch [+Add New Device].
- Operate your Android phone according to its message on the [Add New Device] screen.When setting the BLUETOOTH setting, Wi-Fi setting, and Android Auto of your Android phone to [ON], select “XAV-AX4000” on the setting screen of your Android phone and then proceed to the pairing steps.
- [Pairing Request] appears on the unit.Confirm the [Passkey:].
The same 6-digit passkey appears on your Android phone and the unit.
- Touch [Pair], then touch [Start].
- When pairing the unit with your Android phone via BLUETOOTH, the unit will not prompt you to enter a 6-digit passkey.
If you are prompted to enter a passkey on your Android phone during pairing, it may be a passkey fraud by a malicious third party who intercepts the communication between your Android phone and the unit.
We recommend that you pay close attention around the vicinity of your car and make sure that there are no untrustworthy third parties around you before starting a pairing again.
- The unit can only be connected with one Android phone at a time.
- To disconnect the BLUETOOTH connection, turn the connection off from either the unit or your Android phone.
- While using Android Auto, BLUETOOTH connection is not possible. BLUETOOTH pairing is possible.
- Android Auto may not be available in your country or region.