One-touch connections with a Bluetooth device (NFC)
If a Bluetooth device supports the NFC function, you can connect the Walkman and the device easily. You can simply touch the Walkman to the device to pair the devices and establish a Bluetooth connection.
NFC is for close-range wireless communications.
- If the Bluetooth device has an NFC switch, set the NFC switch to on.
- Turn on the Walkman screen.
- Touch the mark on the Walkman () to the mark on the Bluetooth device ().
Hold them together until instructions appear on the screen of the Walkman.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on the Walkman to complete the connection.
- Once the connection is established, play a track on the Walkman.
To disconnect the Walkman and the Bluetooth device using the NFC function
Turn on the Walkman screen. Then, touch the devices ( and ) together again to disconnect.
To turn off the NFC function
The NFC function is turned on as a default. If you want to turn off the NFC function, tap the menu items in the following order to remove the check mark.
– [Settings] – [NFC] ([Bluetooth]).
Take the following measures if the connection is poor.
- Move the Walkman over the mark on the Bluetooth device ().
- If your Walkman is inside a case, take it out of the case.
- Make sure that the NFC function is on. Tap and then [Settings]. Confirm that there is a check mark in the check box for [NFC] ([Bluetooth]).
Turn on the screen of the Walkman before you make the connection. If the screen is turned off, you cannot connect the Bluetooth device by touching the Bluetooth device to the Walkman (NFC).
The battery life becomes considerably shorter when the Bluetooth function is active.
You cannot connect the Walkman to a Bluetooth device using NFC while the following functions are active.
- The USB-DAC function
- Turn off the Bluetooth Receiver function to connect in the Bluetooth transmitting mode.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.