Notes on handling the Walkman
Read the notes below and follow the instructions to use the Walkman safely.
- Consult a doctor if you become injured or burned from using the product.
- Contact the nearest Sony dealer or Sony Service Center if the Walkman does not operate properly.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, an explosion, fire, electric shock, burns, or injury may result.
- Do not expose the Walkman to fire.
- Do not allow metallic objects to get inside the Walkman.
- Do not short-circuit the terminals of the Walkman with metallic objects.
- Do not take apart or modify the Walkman.
- Do not use the Walkman when you see lightning or hear thunder.
- Do not use the Walkman if it causes an uncomfortable reaction on your skin.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, you may damage the casing or cause the Walkman to malfunction.
- Do not place the Walkman in direct sunlight.
- Do not place the Walkman in locations where the temperature is extremely high.
- Do not leave the Walkman in direct sunlight. Do not leave the Walkman in a car with all the windows closed, especially during the summer.
- Do not place the Walkman in locations where it is exposed to vibration.
- Do not drop the Walkman from heights.
- Do not apply a strong force or shock to the Walkman.
- Do not place the Walkman in locations where there is magnetization. For example, do not place the Walkman near a magnet, speakers, or a TV.
- Do not turn on the Walkman right after you move it from a cold environment to a warm environment.
- Do not use the Walkman in damp locations, such as in a bathroom or a sauna.
- Do not place the Walkman on an unstable surface or in an inclined position.
- Do not sit down when the Walkman is inserted in your pocket.
- Do not use the Walkman in locations where it is exposed to excessive dust.
When you store the Walkman in a bag, do not apply strong impacts to the bag. In particular, avoid storing the Walkman in a bag with the headphone cord or earphone cord wrapped around the Walkman.
The Walkman is neither waterproof nor dustproof. Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, the Walkman may become inoperable because of short-circuited terminals or corroded metal.
- Do not drop the Walkman into water.
- Do not use the Walkman in humid locations or during wet weather such as rain or snow.
- Do not place the Walkman against your body or clothes when you are sweating.
- Do not touch the Walkman with wet hands.
- Comply with announcements regarding the use of electronic devices when you are on an airplane.
- Heat may build up in the Walkman in the following situations, but this is not a malfunction.
However, be careful because there is a risk of low-temperature burns.
- While the battery is charging.
- While the Walkman is playing for an extended period of time.
Do not apply strong force to the surface of the display. Strong force may cause the following problems.
- Distorted colors or brightness.
- A malfunction of the display.
- Injury from a cracked display.
- The Walkman screen is made of glass. The glass may crack if you drop the Walkman on a hard surface or if you apply strong force to the screen. Be careful when you handle the Walkman. If the glass is cracked or chipped, do not use the Walkman or touch the damaged part. Otherwise, you may get injured.
When you use a strap, note the following.
- The strap can get caught on objects around you. Be careful to avoid the risk of strangulation.
- Be careful not to swing the Walkman while holding the strap. You may hit someone with the Walkman.
- Use the supplied wrist strap.
- Content that you record is for personal use only. Under copyright law, the content cannot be used without the permission of the copyright holder.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.