Charging the headset
The headset contains a lithium ion rechargeable battery. Charge the headset using the supplied micro-USB cable.
- Connect the charging case and an AC outlet.
Use the supplied micro-USB cable and a USB AC adaptor to connect them.
The indicator on the back side of the charging case lights up in red while charging. The indicator turns off after charging is complete.
Set the headset on the charging case.
Set the headset in the order of and .
Insert the right unit and left unit until they click and make sure that the units are locked in the charging case.
Both the headset set and the charging case are charged simultaneously. The indicators both on the headset and the charging case (back side) light up in red while charging.
The respective indicator turns off after charging is complete.
The required times for full charging are as follow;
The right/left unit: about 1.5 hours
The charging case: about 3 hours
Charging the headset when you are outside
A rechargeable battery is built into the charging case. If you charge the charging case in advance, you can charge the headset with it when you are outside where there is no power supply. If the charging case is charged fully, you can charge the headset about 2 times.
Notes on charging the headset when you are outside
- If the remaining battery charge of the charging case is too low, you cannot charge the headset. In this case, the indicator (red) of the headset flashes and turns off quickly, and then the headset turns off when you set the headset on the charging case. To turn on the headset, remove it from the charging case and then press and hold the buttons both on the right and left unit for about 2 seconds until the indicator (blue) flashes.
- If the indicator (red) does not light up/flash and the headset does not turn off even when you set the headset on the charging case, the remaining power of the rechargeable battery (which is built in the charging case) is empty. To turn off the headset, remove it from the charging case and then press and hold the button on the left unit for about 2 seconds until the indicator (blue) flashes. The left unit and right unit turn off.
- Charging is also possible by connecting to a booted computer using the supplied micro-USB cable.
- If charging starts while the headset is turned on, the headset will turn off automatically.
- Charging may not be successful depending on the USB AC adaptor.
- If not used for a long time, the duration of the rechargeable battery may be shortened. However, the battery life will improve after a few recharges.
- If you store the headset for a long time, charge the battery to its full capacity once every 6 months to avoid over-discharge.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, it may take longer to charge the battery.
- If the computer enters into hibernation mode while connected to the headset, charging will not be completed properly. Check the setting of the computer before charging. The indicator (red) will go off automatically if the computer enters into hibernation mode. In this case, charge the headset again.
- If the headset or charging case detects a problem while charging due to following causes, the indicator (red) may turn off or flash although charging is not complete. In this case, charge again within the charging temperature range. If the problem persists, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Ambient temperature exceeds the charging temperature range of 5 °C – 35 °C (41 °F - 95 °F)
- There is a problem with the battery.
- If the headset is not used for a long time, the indicator (red) may not light up when you connect the micro-USB cable to charge the headset. Wait for a specified amount of time until the indicator (red) lights up.
- If the life of the built-in rechargeable battery drops significantly, the battery should be replaced. Consult your nearest Sony dealer for replacement of the rechargeable battery.
- Avoid exposure to temperature extremes, direct sunlight, moisture, sand, dust or electrical shock. Never leave the headset in a parked car.
- When connecting to a computer, use the supplied micro-USB cable only, and be sure to connect them directly. Charging will not be completed properly by an indirect connection, such as via a USB hub.