On Bluetooth communications
- Bluetooth wireless technology operates within a range of about 10 m (30 feet). Maximum communication range may vary depending on obstacles (the human body, metal, walls, etc.) or electromagnetic environments.
- Microwaves emitting from a Bluetooth device may affect the operation of electronic medical devices. Turn off this headset and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations, as it may cause an accident:
- in a hospital, near the priority seat on the train, where inflammable gas is present such as a petrol station
- near automatic doors or a fire alarm
This product emits radio waves when used in wireless mode.
When used in wireless mode on an airplane, follow flight crew directions regarding permissible use of products in wireless mode.
- Due to the characteristic of the wireless technology, the sound played on this headset is delayed from the sound and music played on the transmitting device. Therefore, the image and sound may be misaligned when viewing a movie or playing a game.
- This headset supports security capabilities that comply with the Bluetooth standard to provide a secure connection when the Bluetooth wireless technology is used, but security may not be sufficient depending on the setting. Be careful when communicating using Bluetooth wireless technology.
- We do not take any responsibility for the leakage of information during Bluetooth communications.
- Connection with all Bluetooth devices cannot be guaranteed.
- A device featuring Bluetooth function is required to conform to the Bluetooth standard specified by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and be authenticated.
- Even if the connected device conforms to the above mentioned Bluetooth standard, some devices may not connect or work correctly, depending on the features or specifications of the device.
- While talking on the phone hands free, noise may occur, depending on the device or communication environment.
- Depending on the device to be connected, it may require some time to start communications.
The headset does not support multipoint connection.
If the headset supports the multipoint function, the headset can connect to a music playback device (A2DP profile, Walkman, etc.) and a communication device (HFP or HSP profile smartphone, etc.) at the same time, you can listen to music while waiting for an incoming call or making a call.
Note on static electricity
- Static electricity accumulated in the body may cause mild tingling in your ears. To minimize the effect, wear clothes made from natural materials.
- Do not place this headset in a place exposed to humidity, dust, soot or steam, or in a car or place subject to direct sunlight.
- Use of the Bluetooth device may not function on mobile phones, depending on radio wave conditions and location where the equipment is being used.
- High volume may affect your hearing.
- For traffic safety, do not use while driving or cycling.
- Do not use the headset in places where it would be dangerous if you are unable to hear ambient sound, such as at railroad crossings, train station platforms, and construction sites.
- Keep earbuds clean. To clean the earbuds, wash them with a mild detergent solution.
- Do not subject the headset to excessive shock.
- Clean the headset with a soft dry cloth.
- Do not expose the headset to water. Remember to follow the precautions below.
- Be careful not to drop the headset into a sink or other container filled with water.
- Do not use the headset in humid locations or bad weather, such as in the rain or snow.
- If you experience discomfort after using the headset, stop using the headset immediately.
- Install the earbuds firmly. If an earbud accidentally detaches and is left in your ear, it may cause injury.
- Since children may swallow small parts such as the headset and earbuds, store the headset in the charging case after use and keep it out of the reach of children.
- If you have any questions or problems concerning this headset that are not covered in this manual, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.