Notes on charging
Life span of the built-in lithium ion rechargeable battery
- The rechargeable battery has a life span. As time passes and the number of times that the battery is used increases, the capacity of the rechargeable battery slowly decreases. When the length of time that the battery can be used seems significantly shorter, despite having been fully charged, contact your nearest Sony dealer.
- The life span of the rechargeable battery differs depending on the usage, environment, and storage method.
When the speaker detects a problem for the following causes while charging the battery, it will stop charging even if charging is not completed.
- Ambient temperature exceeds the range of 5 °C – 35 °C.
- There is a problem with the battery.
- Charging time varies depending on battery usage conditions.
- The speaker becomes warm during charging. This is not a malfunction.
- If the speaker is not used for a long time, it may take longer to charge the battery.
- Avoid exposure to rapid temperature change, direct sunlight, moisture, sand, dust, or mechanical shock. Also, never leave the speaker in a car parked in the sun.