Pairing and connecting with a BLUETOOTH device
The speaker can be paired with up to eight BLUETOOTH devices.
When pairing with two or more BLUETOOTH devices, perform the following pairing procedure for each device.
Before operating the speaker, be sure to do the following:
- Bring the BLUETOOTH device within 1 m of the speaker.
- Connect the speaker to an AC outlet or charge the battery sufficiently.
- Stop playback on a BLUETOOTH device to avoid sudden loud sound output from the speaker.
- Prepare the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device for reference.
Press and hold the ON/STANDBY button for at least two seconds.
The speaker turns on. The BLUETOOTH indicator flashes slowly in white.
- When no devices are paired with the speaker, such as when you turn on the speaker for the first time after purchase, the BLUETOOTH indicator flashes quickly in white, and the speaker enters pairing mode automatically by just turning on the speaker. Proceed to step .
- When you turn on the speaker, the speaker tries to make a BLUETOOTH connection with the last connected BLUETOOTH device. If the device is nearby and its BLUETOOTH function is on, the BLUETOOTH connection is established automatically and the BLUETOOTH indicator stays lit in white. If you want to connect with a different device, end the current connection by operating the connected BLUETOOTH device.
Press and hold the TIMER/ PAIRING button for at least two seconds.
The speaker will make a sound* to indicate that pairing mode has been entered, and the BLUETOOTH indicator will flash quickly in white.
- Perform the pairing procedure on the BLUETOOTH device to detect the speaker.
When a list of detected devices appears on the display of the BLUETOOTH device, select “LSPX-S1.”
If a passkey* is required on the display of the BLUETOOTH device, enter “0000.”
* A passkey may be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” “PIN number” or “Password.”
- Make the BLUETOOTH connection from the BLUETOOTH device.
When pairing is complete, the BLUETOOTH indicator lights up in white.
If the BLUETOOTH connection is not established, repeat from step .
- For details on operating a BLUETOOTH device, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the BLUETOOTH device.
- If the indicator turns off in the middle of the operation, turn the power off and back on and then perform the operation again.
- Once the BLUETOOTH devices are paired, there is no need to pair them again, except in the following cases:
- Pairing information has been deleted after repair, etc.
- The speaker is already paired with eight devices and another device is to be paired.
The speaker can be paired with up to eight devices. If a new device is paired after eight devices have already been paired, the paired device with the oldest connection time is replaced by the new one.
- When the pairing information of the speaker has been deleted from the BLUETOOTH device.
- The speaker can be paired with multiple devices, but can only play music from one paired device at a time.
- When an audio cable is connected to the speaker’s AUDIO IN jack while the speaker and the BLUETOOTH device have been connected via BLUETOOTH connection, sound from the BLUETOOTH-connected device is not output from the speaker. To listen to music from the BLUETOOTH device, disconnect the audio cable from the speaker’s AUDIO IN jack.