- Before using the AC adaptor, be sure that the operating voltage is identical with that of your local power supply.
- The speaker unit, built-in amp, and cabinet are precisely tuned. Do not dismantle, modify, etc.
- Do not splash water onto this product. The product is not waterproof.
- Do not leave the speaker in a location near heat sources, or in a place subject to direct sunlight, excessive dust, moisture, rain or mechanical shock.
- Do not set the speaker in an inclined position. Otherwise, the speaker’s vibrations may cause it to fall, leading to a malfunction, damage, or reduced performance.
- Orient the speaker so that the passive radiator is facing up. Setting the speaker upside-down or on its side may cause a malfunction, damage, or reduced performance.
- Use caution when placing the speaker on a specially treated (waxed, oiled, polished, etc.) surface, as staining or discoloration may result.
- Depending on the placement situation, the speaker may fall or drop. Do not leave any valuable objects near the speaker.
- When carrying the speaker, be careful of the following.
- Do not grip the organic glass cylinder.
- Do not hit the speaker against objects.
- Do not leave any objects susceptible to magnetism (cash cards, floppy disks with magnetic coding, etc.) near the speaker.
- If the product becomes dirty, wipe the cabinet with a soft cloth dampened with mild detergent. Do not use benzine, alcohol, thinner, detergent, etc., because they will damage the surface finish. For information on cleaning the organic glass cylinder, see “On handling the organic glass cylinder.”
On temperature rise
- If the speaker is used for an extended period of time, the temperature of the speaker will rise. This is not a malfunction.
On organic glass
The speaker uses organic glass.
Misusing the organic glass may cause the glass to break, cause injury, or sometimes lead to blindness. It may also have adverse effects on the sound quality, illumination, etc. To avoid an accident, be sure to adhere to the following.
- Do not subject the speaker to strong impact, such as dropping it from a high place or hitting it against something. If you hit the speaker against a hard object, even without strong force, the organic glass may break, crack, chip, or warp, causing failure or low performance.
- Do not scratch the organic glass.
Small cracks and chips can cause the organic glass to break. If the glass cracks but does not immediately break, it may break suddenly at an unexpected time. Small chips and cracks can also have a stronger negative impact on sound quality, illumination, and other functions than large cracks.
- Do not subject the speaker to extreme temperature changes.
The organic glass is not heat resistant. Do not place the speaker near or on top of hot objects.
Extreme temperature changes may cause the glass to break or warp.
If you notice any cracks, chips, breaks, or other abnormalities in the organic glass cylinder, contact your nearest Sony dealer.
On handling the organic glass cylinder
- Without using strong force, brush away dust with a soft brush or feather duster, and use the supplied cleaning cloth to wipe the organic glass clean. (Do not use a scrubbing brush, sponge, etc.)
- If the organic glass is oily or covered in fingerprints, breathe onto it and use the supplied cleaning cloth to wipe it off.
- If the organic glass is exceptionally dirty, wipe it with a soft cloth that has been dampened with cold or lukewarm soapy water.
- Do not use benzine, alcohol, thinner, detergent, etc., because they will damage the surface finish.
- The inside of the cylinder was made such that dust will not stick, so do not dismantle it.
On the organic glass cylinder illumination
- Do not look directly into the illumination.
- Because each illumination LED is made by hand, there may be unique variations in the shape, brightness, and color. This is an intentional design aspect and not a problem with the function or performance of the speaker.
Notes on the AC adaptor
- When disconnecting the AC adaptor from the wall outlet (mains), do not pull on the cord. Make sure to grasp the power plug when disconnecting.
- When connecting or disconnecting the AC adaptor, turn off the speaker beforehand. Otherwise, it may cause malfunction.
- Use only the supplied AC adaptor. To avoid damaging the speaker, do not use any other AC adaptor.
- The supplied AC adaptor was made exclusively for this speaker. It cannot be used with other devices.
- The validity of the CE marking is restricted to only those countries where it is legally enforced, mainly in the countries EEA (European Economic Area).
- For details on operating your mobile phone or wireless device, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the mobile phone or wireless device.
- Even if you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charge the battery to its full capacity once every 6 months to maintain its performance.
- If the speaker is not used for a long time, it may take longer to charge the battery.
- To protect the battery from high-temperature environments, charging may pause.
- If the duration that the speaker can be used shortens to about half the normal time, consider the life span of the rechargeable battery. For information on replacing the rechargeable battery, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- If you have any questions or problems concerning this speaker that are not covered in this help guide, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.