Notes on charging the battery
- The charging time depends on the battery usage conditions.
- When the battery is sufficiently charged but the battery life has dropped to about half of its normal span, the battery may be worn out. Contact the nearest Sony dealer or Sony Service Center.
The computer may not recognize the Walkman in the following situations.
- When you connect the Walkman to the computer for the first time.
- When the Walkman has not been used for a long period of time.
Charge the Walkman for about 10 minutes. The Walkman may start operating normally.
- When the ambient temperature exceeds the recommended range, charging is forcibly terminated. Charge the battery at an ambient temperature from 5 °C to 35 °C (41 ºF to 95 ºF).
- The battery can be recharged about 500 times from a completely depleted state. The exact number of times may vary depending on the usage conditions.
- To prevent deterioration of the battery, charge the battery at least once every 6 months.
- Charging is not guaranteed when you use a homebuilt or modified computer.
- Charging from a USB hub is only guaranteed when you use a self-powered USB hub that carries an authorized logo.
- Do not connect the Walkman to a computer for a long period of time when the computer is not connected to an AC power supply. Otherwise, the computer’s battery may run out.
While the Walkman is connected to a computer, observe the following cautions. Otherwise, the Walkman may not function properly.
- Do not turn on the computer.
- Do not restart the computer.
- Do not wake the computer from sleep mode.
- Do not shut down the computer.
- The Walkman may become hot while charging. This is not a malfunction.
- When you charge the Walkman using a computer, do not remove the USB cable while data is transferring. If you disconnect the USB cable, data on the Walkman may be lost.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.