Connecting the Walkman to an unpaired Android smartphone for the first time
If you connect the Walkman to an Android smartphone, you can listen to music on the smartphone. Before you use the Walkman with an Android smartphone, pair the Walkman and the smartphone. Once the Walkman and the smartphone are paired, you can easily connect the Walkman to the smartphone in the future.
- Make sure that the Walkman is turned on and the Bluetooth function is turned off.If the Bluetooth function is turned on, hold down the button () for 2 seconds. The color of the lamp () will change.
- Hold down the button () for 7 seconds.The lamp () will flash quickly and pairing will start.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on the smartphone.
- Tap the model name of the Walkman. ([NW-WS623] or [NW-WS625])
Depending on the smartphone that you are using, the search may start automatically.
If passkey input is required, enter “0000”. The passkey may also be called a “passcode”, “PIN code”, “PIN number”, or “password”.
Make sure that the Walkman and the smartphone are paired to each other. When the connection is established, the lamp () lights up.
- If the smartphone has an NFC function, you can pair and connect the devices by touching them together.
- Once you have successfully completed pairing, you do not have to pair the devices again for future connections between them.
- The above procedure is an example. For details, refer to the operating manual for the Android smartphone.
- If you pair the Walkman and a smartphone while you are using the Remote Commander (NW-WS625 only), the Remote Commander may turn off. In this case, turn on the Remote Commander again.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.