Notes on handling the Walkman
Read the notes below and follow the instructions to use the Walkman safely.
- Consult a doctor if you become injured or burned from using the product.
- Contact the nearest Sony dealer or Sony Service Center if the Walkman does not operate properly.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, an explosion, fire, electric shock, burns, or injury may result.
- Do not expose the Walkman to fire.
- Do not allow metallic objects to get inside the Walkman.
- Do not short-circuit the terminals of the Walkman with metallic objects.
- Do not take apart or modify the Walkman.
- Do not use the Walkman when you see lightning or hear thunder.
- Do not use the Walkman if it causes an uncomfortable reaction on your skin.
- Observe the following precautions. Otherwise, you may damage the casing or cause the Walkman to malfunction.
- Do not place the Walkman in direct sunlight.
- Do not place the Walkman in locations where the temperature is extremely high.
- Do not leave the Walkman in direct sunlight. Do not leave the Walkman in a car with all the windows closed, especially during the summer.
- Do not place the Walkman in locations where it is exposed to vibration.
- Do not drop the Walkman from heights.
- Do not apply a strong force or shock to the Walkman.
- Do not place the Walkman in locations where there is magnetization. For example, do not place the Walkman near a magnet, speakers, or a TV.
- Do not turn on the Walkman right after you move it from a cold environment to a warm environment.
- Do not use the Walkman in damp and hot locations where the temperature exceeds 45 °C (113 ºF) (for example, in a sauna).
- Do not place the Walkman on an unstable surface or in an inclined position.
- Do not sit down when the Walkman is inserted in your pocket.
- Do not use the Walkman in locations where it is exposed to excessive dust.
- Wash the Walkman in lukewarm water if tanning oil or sunscreen adheres to the Walkman. These substances may cause damage to the Walkman, such as discoloration or cracks.
- The earbuds or the adjustment band may deteriorate due to long-term use or storage.
- The waterproofing is not effective against certain liquids (soapy water, water containing detergent or bath additives, shampoo, hot-spring water, etc.).
- Comply with announcements regarding the use of electronic devices when you are on an airplane.
- Heat may build up in the Walkman in the following situations, but this is not a malfunction.
However, be careful because there is a risk of low-temperature burns.
- While the battery is charging.
- While the Walkman is playing for an extended period of time.
- Content that you record is for personal use only. Under copyright law, the content cannot be used without the permission of the copyright holder.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.