About mobile phones
- For the details how to receive a call on a mobile phone which is sending music to the speaker, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the mobile phone.
- The nameplate and important information concerning safety are located on the bottom exterior of the speaker and on the surface of the USB AC adaptor.
- Before operating the speaker, be sure that the operating voltage of the speaker is identical with that your local power supply.
Where purchased: all countries/regions
Operating voltage: 100 V - 240 V AC, 50 Hz/60 Hz
About the micro-USB cable
- Make sure to use the following supplied micro-USB cable.
USB Type A plug: Connects to a USB AC adaptor.
USB Micro-B plug: Connects to the speaker.
Notes on the USB AC adaptor
- To disconnect the USB AC adaptor from an AC outlet, hold the USB AC adaptor while you unplug it. Do not pull the cable.
- When connecting or disconnecting the USB AC adaptor, turn off the speaker beforehand. Otherwise, it may cause malfunction.
- Use only the supplied USB AC adaptor and micro-USB cable. To avoid damaging the speaker, do not use any other USB AC adaptor or micro-USB cable.
- The supplied USB AC adaptor and micro-USB cable are for this speaker only. They are not to be used for any other device.
- Do not install the USB AC adaptor in a confined space, such as a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
About the main unit becoming warm
If you use the speaker for a long period, the main unit may become warm. This is not a malfunction.
- The speaker unit, built-in amplifier, and cabinet are adjusted precisely. Do not disassemble or remodel.
- Do not leave the speaker in any of the following locations.
- A place subject to high temperature such as direct sunlight or near a heat source
- In a car with windows closed (especially in summer)
- A place with moisture such as a bathroom
- A place with excessive dust, or on sand
- Near any object susceptible to magnetism (such as recorded tapes, watches, cash cards, floppy disks)
- A place with heavy vibration
- Place the speaker on the flat surface.
- Make sure the speaker will not fall from its location. Do not place valuables near the speaker.
- When transporting the speaker, do not place any objects susceptible to magnetism, such as cash cards or floppy disks, near the speaker.
- If the cabinet becomes dirty, wipe it using a soft cloth with a little detergent. Do not use alcohol, benzene, or thinner to clean the cabinet.
- Make sure that water does not drip onto the speaker. This speaker is not waterproof.
- The usage time of a lithium-ion battery depends on its environment and operating conditions. For example, if using the speaker at a loud volume, the usage life shortens.
- If you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, the usable time for a charged battery may be shorter. After charging a few times, the charge will return to normal.
- If you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charge the battery to its full capacity once every 6 months to maintain its performance.
- If you do not intend to use the speaker for a long time, charging the battery may take for a long time.
- If located in a place with a high temperature, charging will be stopped to protect the battery.
- When the usable time of the battery reduces to half, it has reached the end of its life span. To change the rechargeable battery, contact your nearest Sony dealer.
- If you have any questions or problems, contact your nearest Sony dealer after reading this guide.
- When disposing of or giving away the speaker, make sure to initialize it to reset all settings to the factory defaults.
The MAC address for the Wi-Fi network is located on the bottom exterior of the speaker.