Registering an FTP server
You can register FTP servers for FTP transfers to the camera. Up to nine FTP servers can be registered. As an example, the method for registering [Server 1] is described here.
MENU → (Network) → [FTP Transfer Func.] → [Server Setting] → [Server 1].
Select each setting item and then input the setting value for Server 1.
- Input each item using the software keyboard and then select [OK]. For details on how to input using the software keyboard, see the “Help Guide” for the camera.
Menu item details
- Display Name:
- Input a name for the FTP server to be registered.
- Destination Settings:
- Configure the following items for the FTP server:
- Host Name: The host name or IP address of the server
- Secure Protocol: Set whether or not to execute secure FTP transfers
- Root Certificate Error: Normally it is recommended to set [Does Not Connect]. If a certificate error is displayed, update the root certificate and connect with the correct authentication.
- Port: The port number of the FTP server
- Directory Settings:
- Set the destination folder on the FTP server.
Specify Directory: Set the destination folder.
For example, when “aaa” is specified as the destination folder name, jpeg files are transferred in the manner of C:\interpub\ftproot\aaa\DSC00001.jpg.
When the folder is not specified, jpeg files are transferred to directly below the user folder in the manner of C:\interpub\ftproot\DSC00001.jpg.
- [Standard]: Files are transferred to the folder set by [Specify Directory].
[Same as in Camera]: The folder configuration is the same as that of the memory card inserted into the camera.
If the camera has two memory slots, destination folder name is “A” for Slot 1 and “B” for Slot 2.
- Same File Name: When there is a file with the same name at the destination, set whether to overwrite the file. When [Does Not Overwrite] is set and there is a file with the same name at the destination, an underscore and a number are added to the end of the file name. (Example: DSC00001_1.jpg)
- Specify Directory: Set the destination folder.
- User Info Settings:
- Input a [User] and [Password] to log on to the FTP server.
To select the server to be used for transfer
MENU → (Network) → [FTP Transfer Func.] → [Server Setting] → desired server.
- It is recommended that you set [Secure Protocol] to [On]. When it is set to [Off], communications between the camera and the FTP server may be intercepted. Also, user names, passwords, and file data may be leaked if the camera connects to an unintended FTP server.
- When [Connect] is selected by [Root Certificate Error], [Connected (Root Certificate Error)] will be displayed in the [FTP Transfer Func.] screen. In addition, a connection is established forcibly even when a valid root certificate is not imported to the camera, so the camera may be connected to an unintended FTP server.
- The camera is not compatible with active mode FTP transfers.