Connecting to an FTP server
Make the following settings to connect to the selected FTP server.
Selecting the method of connecting to the FTP server
MENU → (Network) → [FTP Transfer Func.] → [FTP Connect Method] → desired setting.
- Wired LAN :
- Connect to the FTP server using a wired LAN.
- Wi-Fi :
- Connect to the FTP server using a wireless LAN.
Enabling the FTP transfer function
MENU → (Network) → [FTP Transfer Func.] → [FTP Function] → [On].
- If FTP server registration and the network connection setup are complete, a connection is established with the FTP server.
About the connection status
- Once the connection has been established, the (FTP connection) icon will appear in the recording standby screen or the playback screen.
- If connection fails, the above icon appears orange. Select MENU→(Network) → [FTP Transfer Func.] and check the displayed error details.
- When trying to establish an FTP connection via a wireless LAN, if the camera is not emitting radio waves after entering the FTP power save mode, etc., the (wireless LAN) icon on the screen will disappear.
- If connecting via a wired LAN, see the “Help Guide” for the camera for the location of the terminal.
- If connecting via a wireless LAN, make sure that you are near the registered access point.
- You can only use a wired LAN connection when [Airplane Mode] is set to [On].
- When a connection error occurs, check the following.
- Check whether the wired LAN cable is disconnected, and insert the terminal correctly.
- If connecting via a wireless LAN but the registered access point cannot be found, move closer to the registered access point.