Notes on the Bluetooth function
In this topic, [Bluetooth devices] refers to all Bluetooth-compatible devices.
Bluetooth-compatible devices are audio devices that support the Bluetooth function.
- Depending on the Bluetooth device, network environment, and surrounding conditions, noise may be heard or the sound may be interrupted. To optimize Bluetooth communications, observe the following.
- Place the player and the Bluetooth device as close together as possible. The Bluetooth standard supports distances of up to 10 meters (32.8 feet).
- Turn the built-in Bluetooth antenna (aerial) in the direction of the connected Bluetooth device.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) with a metal object such as a bag or case.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) with a body part such as a hand.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) by placing the player inside a backpack or shoulder bag.
- Do not block the antenna (aerial) by using the player in a crowded place.
- Avoid areas where electromagnetic waves are emitted. For example, near microwave ovens, mobile phones, or mobile gaming devices.
Bluetooth audio equipment and wireless LANs (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) use the same frequency band (2.4 GHz). If you use the player near a device equipped with a wireless LAN, radio-wave interference may occur. It may cause a decrease in connection speed, noise, or connection failure. In this case, take the following measures.
- When connecting the player to a Bluetooth audio device, keep the player at least 10 meters (32.8 feet) away from any device equipped with a wireless LAN.
- Keep the player and Bluetooth audio device as close as possible.
- When using the player within 10 meters (32.8 feet) of a device equipped with a wireless LAN, turn off the power of the wireless LAN.
Due to a characteristic of Bluetooth wireless technology, the sound may lag slightly.
Bluetooth radiation may affect the operation of electronic medical devices.
Turn off the player and other Bluetooth devices in the following locations.
- in hospitals
- near priority seats on trains
- on airplanes
- in places where flammable gases are present (gas stations, etc.)
- near automatic doors
- near fire alarms
The player supports security functions that comply with the Bluetooth standard. Sony bears no responsibility whatsoever for information leaks that occur as a result of your Bluetooth connection.
Even if a Bluetooth device conforms to the standard, all connections and correct operations are not guaranteed.
Depending on the Bluetooth device, it may take some time to establish a Bluetooth connection.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.