Notes on microSD cards
Use a microSD card that has been formatted on the player. Sony does not guarantee the operation of other microSD cards.
Sony does not guarantee all operations for microSD cards that are used on multiple devices.
Formatting a microSD card will delete all data stored on the microSD card. Save a backup copy in advance.
Do not leave a microSD card within the reach of small children. Small children may accidentally swallow the microSD card.
The microSD card may become damaged in the following situations.
- When the microSD card is removed without unmounting.
- When the microSD card is removed during a transfer/playback/formatting operation.
Sony does not guarantee the operation of all types of compatible microSD cards with the player.
Data may be corrupted in the following situations.
- When a microSD card is removed during a read or write operation.
- When the player is turned off during a read or write operation.
- When a microSD card is used in a location where there is static electricity or electrical noise.
Sony assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage of stored data. Sony recommends that you save a backup copy of important data regularly.
Observe the following cautions when you handle microSD cards.
- Do not apply strong force to a microSD card.
- Do not bend a microSD card.
- Do not drop a microSD card.
- Do not disassemble a microSD card.
- Do not modify a microSD card.
- Do not expose a microSD card to water.
- Do not leave a microSD card in the hot interior of a car.
- Do not leave a microSD card in direct sunlight.
- Do not leave a microSD card near a heater.
- Do not leave a microSD card in a humid place.
- Do not leave a microSD card in a location where corrosive substances are present.
- Do not attach labels.
- Do not touch contact pins of a microSD card with your hands or metal.
Observe the following cautions regarding the microSD card tray and the microSD card slot.
- Insert the microSD card tray straight in the correct direction.
- Do not insert any object other than the microSD card tray into the microSD card slot.
The contents of the Help Guide may be subject to change without notice due to updates to the product's specifications.