USB power supply
When connecting the camera to a computer or USB device with the micro USB cable (supplied), the camera receives power from the connected device.
- The USB power supply can be available by selecting ON from the following operation.
- Press the MENU button.
- Press the UP button or DOWN button to select (Camera Settings) - (USB power supply) - setting value, then press the REC/ENTER button.
- (Power received when connected by the micro USB cable)
- (No power received when connected by the micro USB cable)
Using the camera with an external power supply
The camera is compatible with the following external power supply.
- External power supply of 1.5 A
- FDR-X3000/HDR-AS300: Battery power consumption is lessened during shooting/playback
- HDR-AS50: Receives USB power from the connected device
- If you change the USB power supply setting while the micro USB cable is connected, disconnect the cable, then reconnect.
- If you turn on the camera while charging the battery pack, charging stops and power is supplied to the camera from the device connected via USB.
- You can shoot and play back images using a USB power supply. However, the battery pack is not charged simultaneously.
- When using the camera with an external power supply, check that the icon () indicating that USB power is being supplied is displayed on the screen.
- While USB power is being supplied, the continuous movie shooting time may be shortened due to the camera heating up.
- Even if the AC adaptor is connected to the camera, the battery will not be charged if the camera is turned on.
- Do not remove the battery while the access lamp is lit. The data in the memory card might be corrupted.
- To shoot/play back while receiving external power, insert the charged battery into the camera.
- Do not remove the battery from the camera when using the camera while receiving external power.